Something Fishy Website on Eating Disorders Something Fishy Family and Friends Support Finder something-fishy.com | something-fishy.net
Acadia Healthcare is working to bring Something Fishy back online. Stay tuned!
SFWED FAMILY & FRIENDS - SUPPORT FINDER - FORUM HOME  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

NEW FEATURE -- Communication with Administrators

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SFishy
ADMINISTRATOR

Relationship: RecoverED / Original Founder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: NEW FEATURE -- Communication with Administrators Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

It's recently come to our attention that a few of you were feeling uncomfortable here lately because of disagreements in point of view and with the way some members were choosing to speak to each other.

Because Tony (MrFishy) and I are so busy with the site, we haven't had the time to check in over here as much as we'd like, but we DO know how important it is for you all to feel you have a place to come and find support.

We have just added a new feature to the board. You will see now when you post a little exclamation point -- This gives you the ability to report a post to me and Tony for review. We have a similar system that we use over on our board for sufferers and it has worked out great in maintaining a safe atmosphere that members are as much in control of as myself and Tony.

If you think there is a member or a post that needs to be reviewed -- if you think people are being disrespectful to one another (or just plain mean) -- if you think someone is breaking rules (like if someone with and Eating Disorder is posting here) -- or for any other reason -- please use this new feature to "flag" it for review.

We may or may not agree with you... we don't "take sides" or jump to conclusions... we will do the best we can to be objective and handle any situation delicately and with everyone's best interests at heart.

And in the future, please, if you are having problems within the community ask an administrator to step in and help. People shouldn't be just leaving and not communicating -- that's not a great way to give or gain support for your loved-ones, and ultimately, that's the reason everyone is here.

Take care of YOU
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> News & Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: