Something Fishy Website on Eating Disorders Something Fishy Family and Friends Support Finder something-fishy.com | something-fishy.net
Acadia Healthcare is working to bring Something Fishy back online. Stay tuned!
SFWED FAMILY & FRIENDS - SUPPORT FINDER - FORUM HOME  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

IMPORTANT - FROM AMY & TONY - Goodbyes and New Beginning

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SFishy
ADMINISTRATOR

Relationship: RecoverED / Original Founder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: IMPORTANT - FROM AMY & TONY - Goodbyes and New Beginning Reply with quote

Hello all Fishys...

It has been over ten years since I started this site back in 1995, and nearly 8 years since we opened up the interactive community here. Tony and I are so proud of the work we have done in providing a resource to so many of you who have needed to find a good source of information and a safe place for support. Almost 8 million people have passed through this site since its inception, and we feel honored to have touched so many people in such a positive way.

Over the last few years our time has become more and more limited. We have always managed running the site in between our paying jobs, foregoing vacations and often staying up late into the night. We're older now, and having such a full schedule is not as easy, especially as the kids get older and our time with them becomes even more precious.

My career (non-eating disorders related) has taken a positive direction as of late, which means even less time for the site. Tony and I promised each other long ago that if we ever got into the position where we just couldn't focus on the site as it needs, it would be time to make a change. Like we always preach to all of you, we must take care of ourselves too. :winky

Since we have reached that time, we've explored several options... to close the site, to close the interactive areas of the site... or to try to transfer ownership of the site to someone else Someone with the resources required to keep it going and make it even better.

We have recently developed a relationship with a wonderful company called CRC Health. They are focused on providing recovery resources, for those suffering with addictions and eating disorders, both online and in real-time. They are the owners of the 4Therapy.com and eGetgoing websites, as well as [url= http://www.sierratucson.com/programs_eatdsrdrs.php]Sierra Tucson[/url]. There are dedicated to providing more resources to those with Eating Disorders and to expand their reach so everyone has access to information and support.

We have made the decision to transfer ownership of Something Fishy over to CRC Health. While the decision was personally a difficult one, we have come to know them as a compassionate company with extremely focused goals, and a large one with a staff of people that can dedicate resources to the site that Tony and I are just not capable of. They do not wish to run in here and make all kinds of changes to the contrary their goal is to make very few; They want to be sure everyone here continues to have a forum in which to find support, and a site in which to get information, and Tony and I both believe they will do a good job.

Over time, there may be new moderators, and I have complete faith that they will be a welcome addition to the community here. Jik and BIBRI have committed to staying on as moderators for the immediate future, and Kensington will be taking over as "lead moderator and administrator". She looks forward to continuing to provide you all with support and guidance, and we are honored that she has accepted these additional responsibilities and new role; We know she understands the community well and shares very similar visions as Tony and I. We can never thank all the mod-fishys enough for what they have done for us and this community!

Tony and I still emphatically believe in this cause, and have tried to make a decision we felt was best for everyone. It was not an easy decision The site has been our "baby" and it feels similar to sending your baby off to college, or out into the world on its own. Similarly, there will be change, and growth, and hopefully it will be exciting even if it may seem a little scary. Just as with anything in life, we don't know with 100% certainty what will happen, but we move forward optimistically, hoping and dreaming for great things... not just for the site, but for all of you. Our primary goal was that you all continue to be able to get support... and that is a goal that will be achieved through this transfer.

Tony and I wish you all the very best. Each of you CAN and WILL recover... you have that power within you... and we know the Something Fishy Website on Eating Disorders will continue to be a valuable resource to assist everyone with an Eating Disorder on their healing journey.

While it's time for us to say good-bye,
Please know we will miss you...
And we will always be thinking of you.

As Tony always says... Good Luck...

And as I say... remember to Take Care of YOU... Always...

Amy & Tony
aka. SFishy and MrFishy
HowardB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: SOMETHING FISHY AT CRC HEALTH Reply with quote

On behalf of all of us at CRC Health, it is a great pleasure to welcome Something Fishy and its community to our family of services. We want to thank Amy and Tony for their support and confidence and recognize the wonderful site and community they have developed. It is greatly appreciated.

Since 1995, Something Fishy has been diligently offering assistance to those with eating disorders and their families. For more than 20 years CRC Health has been setting the standard of excellence in the treatment of addiction and other behavioral health disorders. Including Something Fishy into that philosophy enforces our commitment to creating a vision of delivering quality care to those suffering from eating disorders, and redefining the way in which people communicate and reach out for help.

Over the past several years CRC has dedicated additional personnel and resources to providing the highest quality care by embracing the values of integrity, compassion and responsibility. Incorporating Something Fishy into our collection of services accelerates CRCs strategy of creating a defining policy that offers more solutions for delivering eating disorder treatments, resources, support and information to those suffering and their loved-ones.

CRC will carry on with an unwavering commitment to the Something Fishy readers by maintaining the integrity of the site. We also want to thank Jik, BIBRI, and Kensington for their continued dedication and service.

Please join us in our new endeavor. Together, we can continue to build a strong community and help more and more people.

Howard A. Brown, M.A., MFT
CRC Health Corporation
Babs123
FISHY FISHY

Relationship: parent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy and Tony.

I have a few tears running down my face right now....so forgive my misspellings and typo's. I would like to thak you so very much for what you have done for this community of Eating Disorders and those related.

I'm quite sure, as a parent that I most certainly would have killed my child or myself, 4 plus years ago. I can tell you that she is now embracing recovery and doing well. My Sister reminded me today of the time the police arrived at my house while she was ther to arrest my D for an MIP. I have forgotten all that. Grim times.

What I thank you for is the opportunity to talk to other parents who understand/who have been there and done that/ and who have become friends.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you have done for this society, and know that you will not stop here. You guys have vision, and I treasure it. I wish you the very best that life can offer as you embark on this new part of your lives. Lord knows, you have paid your dues.

I welcome the new owners, and thank them for taking over this site. There is good stuff going on here...I am glad to see it continue.

Best wishes....and TAKE CARE OF YOU,
Babs
Conniem818
FISHY FISHY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy and Tony,
I too want to thank you so much for this site, to me it has been a life saver. I have become a stronger person, my mental status has improved 100%.
The people here have helped me through so many bumps in the road, they have given me advice, that I have taken to heart.
They helped me through times that I felt I was living "Hell on earth", They have helped me let go and let god, and the best thing of that is my D has found recovery. She is currently working her program.

Through the fishies here I have gained so much insight and wisdom.

I am not sure where I would be if I did not have this site to vent, seek advice and to be able to try to help others.

I myself have found recovery for myself through this site.

Thank you so much for this site, it has helped me so much. Thank you for not closing the site.
I wish you both the best in your future endeavors.
I welcome the new owners and thank you for keeping this site alive.
Hugs and prayers,
Connie
macemom
FISHY FISHY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I am relatively "new" to this site, I could not have gotten through these last 6-9 months of my D's AN without all of the information you provide (and I have yet to find a site that is as supportive and informative as yours) and the opportunity you have given me to find loving, caring (sometimes with the ol' kick in the butt) friends in the parent forum. You have given all of us each other to cry with, vent with, bounce ideas off of and most importantly - to hold hands with through such terribly dark times and to rejoice with when the road to recovery starts for our children.

Good luck to you in all your endeavors. You and all of your work to keep this site in good form are God's blessing.... Thank You!
concernedstep
FISHY FISHY

Relationship: step-parent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony and Amy: While I have not had the strength to use the site much as of late (chronic lurker Rolling Eyes ), it has been a Godsend during dark times. Your efforts will ALWAYS be remembered and appreciated. Words fail me .... Here I've met some of the most compassionate, loving, understanding, non-judgemental, helpful friends in the world. I am immensely fond of them all, and of you two for reaching out by creating this site. My heart is heavy, but I have faith that the site will go on!

Many blessings to you and yours, Original Fishies!

Love, CS
x_HuanBao_x
FISHY FISHY

Relationship: friend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, man...You guys are leaving us? Sad So sorry you guys just don't have the time...This website has become such an immense amount of support for me, and I just can't imagine it without you guys...

Please come and visit us often. You will be sorely missed here at the fishbowl. Fishy Fishy

Hugs and love,
x_HuanBao_x
penelope
FISHY FISHY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Amy and Tony,

It seems I have come late to the news of your leaving, so I hope I have not missed my opportunity to tell you how thrilled I am that your lives are moving forward and "you're taking care of yourselves'!

In 1998 I found SF to be a lifeline of support during very difficult times.

I stopped feeling alone as a parent whose d suffered from anorexia when visited your chat room the first Friday night it was offered where I found a group of seven other women/mothers just like me. From that night on the seven of us never missed a Friday night chat on SF.

We shared, laughed, cried, advocated and vented.

Eight women/mothers from different backgrounds, states and countries became instant friends and remain best friends today!

Thank you for bringing us together.

If it had not been for SF I never would have known these wonderful women or their families and vice versa. We traveled our journies as mothers of d's with eating disorders, we made a difference in each other's lives and in the lives of our families.

Thank you for bring us together.

Amy and Tony, the impact of SF on eight lives in 1998 was then and remains today..... "priceless"!

May your future endeavors be blessed.

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD NIGHT, but never GOOD BYE.

Penelope
rosech252
FISHY FISHY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, where do we report violations now? Is there an e-mail for the new moderators?

Thanks and Good Luck!
MikeP92563
FISHY FISHY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Amy and Tony.....

Simple words alone cannot express my gratitude to you both. Your tireless effort and unselfish dedication to this site and it's members serves as an inspiration to all of us. When I found this site in 2004, my daughter was teetering on the brink of destruction. The world was a very dark place for us. There was very little hope, and a ton of apprehension, as we had absolutely no idea in which direction to go. After finding this site and meeting without a doubt some of the most compassionate and caring people in the world, I found the strength and direction to focus our efforts and help our daughter find the path to recovery. You two are forever imprinted on each and every success story in these pages. You have touched us all with you insight and your wisdom. You have taught and we have learned. Now, as you change directions, I wish you my sincere thanks. Your contribution to the fight against this disease has been truly immeasurable.

All the Best, Always

Mike
rosech252
FISHY FISHY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: HELP HELP HELP WITH SPAM AND SMUT POSTINGS! Reply with quote

How do we report these?????? How do we get rid of them????? Twisted Evil
Kensington
FISHY FISHY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone can email me through the website with questions or concerns about a specific post. I am going through cleaning up the spam ones now & will be able to watch over the Family & Friends boards more often now that my training as a new Administrator is almost done. I look forward to getting to know the people on these boards.

Current Administrator: www.graceonthemoon.com
rosech252
FISHY FISHY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Keningston!

Now, how do we contact you as an administrator?
Kensington
FISHY FISHY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rose,

Email me through the site, same as you would email another member.

aberskl
FISHY FISHY

Relationship: boyfriend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: is there really something fishy going on? Reply with quote

Am I missing something here? I can't see any way to email Kensington, and I wonder why this person is listed as a Guppy, when HowardB is listed as an administrator, but then there doesn't seem to be a way to email HowardB either. And the offending piece of spam is still there in this thread, so Kensington doesn't seem to have got rid of it yet.

I can't help being a bit suspicious of this situation. Surely we need to have the new moderators or administrators listed on the home page of the bulletin board to replace SFishy and MrsFishy whose names are still there, and the new moderators need to have email links so we can email them through the site?
Kensington
FISHY FISHY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi aberskl,

The switch on the Family & Friends board isn't completed yet, as far as removing Amy & Tony's names & adding mine as Administrator, but I assure you I am the new Admin! Very Happy If you read through the announcement, it says:

Quote:
Kensington will be taking over as "lead moderator and administrator". She looks forward to continuing to provide you all with support and guidance, and we are honored that she has accepted these additional responsibilities and new role; We know she understands the community well and shares very similar visions as Tony and I.

At the bottom of each person's post is an icon that says "email". You click on this & it opens a new window & you can send me an email through that.

I have deleted all the spam ads I can find but if there are others I'm missing, please email me & send me the link or the board & thread title.

rosech252
FISHY FISHY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
At the bottom of each person's post is an icon that says "email". You click on this & it opens a new window & you can send me an email through that.

Thanks Kensington! And welcome.

I may be missing it, but I don't see the "email" icon on your posts. Maybe this is part of my confusion.
aberskl
FISHY FISHY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put Kensington right on this point in another thread. So have a look at this thread please Kensington!
aberskl
FISHY FISHY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, by the way Kensington, I don't want to badmouth other users, but I really think the post in this thread with the subject of "work from home" is actually a spam, so perhaps you could delete it, suspend the user, and then let me know so I can delete this post - or please also delete this post when you have done the job.

Thanks!
Kensington
FISHY FISHY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed my ability to receive email so people should be allowed to email me through the site. Can someone confirm that they see this "email" button for me now?

At this point, any contact for HowardB should be sent to me & I will pass it on to him. While we are both Administrators, I am the one doing most of the work on the boards.

I will have to get the new IT guy to change my status from "guppy" to "Administrator", as that is not something I am able to do. I have already sent email asking for the change.

I appreciate everyone's patience in the change over of Something Fishy to new hands. I will be putting up an announcement with information about myself as soon as my title is changed. Makes it more o-fish-ial that way. Wink

Last edited by Kensington on Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
aberskl
FISHY FISHY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works, Kensington.

I think there must be quite a long delay sometimes in receiving emails sent this way. I just sent you a very brief one, so see how long it takes to get to you. I sent myself a test one a while back and I still didn't receive it.
alex
FISHY FISHY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aberskl, are you checking your junk mail? Sometimes the site emails get stuck in there.
It will be good when the moderation for this site is cleared up Smile
Alex
Kimmy
FISHY FISHY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to Amy and Tony for dedicated service to all of us for so many years. Something Fishy is the place I have come to so many times for emotional support and factual resources.

Thank you as well to the dedication of those who are continuing in the footsteps. You are needed!
mepeche-2
FISHY FISHY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Amy and Tony for all you have done for this site, Ed sufferers and me personally.
THis site has been truly a livesaver!
Best wishes in your newest endeavors and welcome to the new crew of moderators and administrators!

Vive le somethingfishy!
KD
birdboy48
FISHY FISHY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Tony and Amy,

I've been away for a while, but just wanted to join the others in....stating the obvious. Thanks to you both, Fishy has had a postive influence on many lives.

And while I have responded to many posts, it was a response to my own post here, asking for help.....now 8 years ago.....that helped start me on my way in my awareness of eating dissorders.

Even if you had decided to close Fishy altogether, I hope you would be secure in the knowledge that it's positive influence would continue long into the future.

Because it will.

Bob J.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> News & Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: